- 2010 -- present: Head of the statistics and actuarial science discipline, University College Dublin.
- 2007 -- present: Associate Professor in Statistics, University College Dublin.
- 2002 -- 2007: Lecturer, Reader in Statistics, University of Glasgow.
- 2001: Research associate, University of Cambridge and AUEB, Athens.
- 2000: Research associate, Queensland University of Technology.
- 1996 -- 1999: Ph.D., Statistics, University of Glasgow.
- 1991 -- 1996: B.Sc, M.Sc., Mathematics, NUI, Galway.
My UCD research portal webpage.
I am currently recruiting two PhD students funded under an SFI Investigator grant on a project entitled: "Advances for
the probabilistic analysis of network data". Please see here for more details. Closing
date: March 15th.
My research interests include:
- Statistical network analysis -- Bayesian inference for statistical network models; applications in social network analysis.
- Spatial statistics -- especially statistical inference for Markov random field models.
- Bayesian statistics -- model selection; Bayes factors; evidence/marginal likelihood estimation.
- Markov chain Monte Carlo methods and applications.
Invited talks and seminars
- Jan 6-8, 2014: Organiser of the session "Monte Carlo methods in network analysis" MCMSki 2014, Chamonix, France.
- Dec 14-16, 2013: Organiser of the session "Statistical methodology for network data " ERCIM 2013, London.
- April 10-12, 2013: Research visit, Université Montpellier II.
- April 8-9, 2013: Challenging problems in Statistical Learning (Statlearn) , Bordeaux.
- Feb 26- March 12, 2013: Guest lecturer: "EuroBayes", MSc in Bayesian statistics and decision science, La Sapienza, Rome.
- December 9-12, 2012: Winter simulation conference, Berlin.
- December 1-3, 2012: Conference of the ERCIM Working Group on Computing and Statistics , Oviedo, Spain.
- June 13-15, 2012: IMS/ASA Spring research conference, Harvard.
- May 21-23, 2012: Seminar, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich.
- April 23-25, 2012: Advances in Markov chain Monte Carlo ICMS, Edinburgh.
- April 16-19, 2012: Confronting intractability in statistical inference, Bristol.
- March 22, 2012: Seminar, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- 2006 -- present: Associate editor for Statistics and Computing.
- Senior program committee member of AISTATS 2012.
- 2006 -- 2011: Member of the research section of the Royal Statistical Society.
TeachingI am currently teaching:
- Actuarial Statistics I (STAT40020).
- Monte Carlo inference (STAT40400)
- Probability theory (STAT20010)