- 2007 -- present: Associate Professor in Statistics, University College Dublin.
- 2013 -- present: Insight Programme leader for machine learning and statistics.
- 2013 -- 2016: Adjunct Professor, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- 2010 -- 2013: Head of the statistics and actuarial science discipline, University College Dublin.
- 2006 -- 2007: Reader in Statistics, University of Glasgow.
- 2002 -- 2006: Lecturer in Statistics, University of Glasgow.
- 2001: Research associate, University of Cambridge and AUEB, Athens.
- 2000: Research associate, Queensland University of Technology.
- 1996 -- 1999: Ph.D., Statistics, University of Glasgow.
- 1991 -- 1996: B.Sc, M.Sc., Mathematics, NUI, Galway.
My UCD research portal webpage.
My research interests include:
- Statistical network analysis -- Bayesian inference for statistical network models; applications in social network analysis.
- Spatial statistics -- especially statistical inference for Markov random field models.
- Bayesian statistics -- model selection; Bayes factors; evidence/marginal likelihood estimation.
- Markov chain Monte Carlo methods and applications.
Invited talks and seminars
- Jan 6-8, 2014: Organiser of the session "Monte Carlo methods in network analysis" MCMSki 2014, Chamonix, France.
- Dec 2013, Research visit, Queensland University of Technology.
- Dec 14-16, 2013: Organiser of the session "Statistical methodology for network data " ERCIM 2013, London.
- Nov 21, 2013: Big'MC seminar, Paris.
- Nov 20-22, 2013: Stats in Paris , Paris.
- April 10-12, 2013: Research visit, Université Montpellier II.
- April 8-9, 2013: Challenging problems in Statistical Learning (Statlearn) , Bordeaux.
- Feb 26- March 12, 2013: Guest lecturer: "EuroBayes", MSc in Bayesian statistics and decision science, La Sapienza, Rome.
Previous talks and seminar can be found here
- 2014 -- 2018: Elected member of the European regional committee of the Bernoulli Society.
- 2006 -- present: Associate editor for Statistics and Computing.
- Senior program committee member of AISTATS 2012.
- 2006 -- 2011: Member of the research section of the Royal Statistical Society.
TeachingI am currently teaching:
- Actuarial Statistics I (STAT40020).
- Monte Carlo inference (STAT40400)
- Probability theory (STAT20010)