- 2014 -- present: Professor of Statistics, University College Dublin.
- 2007 -- 2014: Associate Professor of Statistics, University College Dublin.
- 2013 -- present: co-PI: Insight Programme leader for machine learning and statistics.
- 2013 -- 2016: Adjunct Professor, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- 2010 -- 2013: Head of the statistics and actuarial science discipline, University College Dublin.
- 2006 -- 2007: Reader in Statistics, University of Glasgow.
- 2002 -- 2006: Lecturer in Statistics, University of Glasgow.
- 2001: Research associate, University of Cambridge and AUEB, Athens.
- 2000: Research associate, Queensland University of Technology.
- 1996 -- 1999: Ph.D., Statistics, University of Glasgow.
- 1991 -- 1996: B.Sc, M.Sc., Mathematics, NUI, Galway.
My UCD research portal webpage.
My research interests include:
- Intractable likelihoods -- theory and methodology for statistical models with intractable likelihood function.
- Statistical network analysis -- Bayesian inference for statistical network models; applications in social network analysis.
- Spatial statistics -- especially statistical inference for Markov random field models.
- Bayesian statistics -- model selection; Bayes factors; evidence/marginal likelihood estimation.
- Markov chain Monte Carlo methods and applications.
Talks and seminars
- April 20-22, 2016: Workshop co-organiser (jointly with Helen Ogden and Christian Robert.) Estimating Constants Hosted and sponsored by CRiSM, University of Warwick.
- Feb 29 - March 4, 2016: Bayesian week, Marseille.
- Jan 27-28, 2016: Statistical Physics of Disordered Systems and Its Applications (SPDSA2016), Sendai, Japan.
- Nv 13, 2015: Seminar, University of Glasgow.
- March 19, 2015: Seminar: University of Kent.
- March 12, 2015: Seminar: University of Bocconi, Milan.
- March 4, 2015: Seminar: University of Manchester.
- Feb 19, 2015: 2015 Workshop on Statistical Physics of Disordered Systems and Its Applications (SPDSA2015) , Kyoto.
- Jan 6-8, 2014: Organiser of the session "Monte Carlo methods in network analysis" MCMSki 2014, Chamonix, France.
Previous talks and seminar can be found here
- 2014 -- 2018: Elected member of the European regional committee of the Bernoulli Society.
- 2006 -- present: Associate editor for Statistics and Computing.
- Senior program committee member of AISTATS 2012.
- 2006 -- 2011: Member of the research section of the Royal Statistical Society.
TeachingI am currently teaching:
- Bayesian Analysis (STAT40380/STAT40390).
- Monte Carlo inference (STAT40400/STAT40410)
- Stochastic models (STAT30090/STAT40680)